Viewing the Solar Eclipse

Today, our class made pinhole cameras using cardstock, foil, tape, and a paper clip. We took turns letting the sun shine through a pinhole and onto a piece of white paper on the ground. This was the effect...
There was only a crescent of light because most of the sun was blocked by the moon.

We also got to view the solar eclipse using special NASA-approved viewing lenses, and watch the eclipse live online.

Please share two or three sentences about your eclipse-viewing experience in the comments section! :)

Comments

  1. Jacqueline ochoa.
    I saw with the glasses the moon but it was red.with the pinhole we saw the moon put if we pinch two hole thir will be two moons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, wasn't it amazing that the sun appeared to be a crescent-shape, like a moon?!

      Delete
  2. Today's experience was amazing because when we looked at the eclipse I got to see a orange bright moonlight.
    I got to cut papers and we made a little hole and in that hole I was able to see little moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arianna, I'm so happy that you had such a memorable experience in 4th grade! This year is getting off to a great start. :)

      Delete
  3. Emily Enriquez
    I saw my first eclipse today. The moon covered part of the sun making it look like a piece of an orange. I was scared until I got use to it. It looked beautiful and it was so bright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look like a segment of an orange! Great simile, Emily! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts